Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Facebook Photo Search

Today I found myself with the need to get my hands on a photo that contained two friends of mine. The first thing I thought of was to go on to Facebook where I knew I had tagged both of them in numerous photos together. To my surprise there was no way (that I know of) of doing this today.

I should be able to go on Facebook and search my photos for photos that have specific people.

For example: SEARCH photos of Person1 AND Person2


This functionality will become even more usefull with the autotagging applications that are starting to be released.

I know that this can be done because when you are looking at photos of a person Facebook gives you the option of viewing photos of that person and you in the same photo.


Why would Facebook not offer such a functionality? cost of processing? Does Google's Picasa already have this? How should a Facebook photo search look like or function?

UPDATE: this already exists and works just as expected. As Nick O'Niel from Allfacebook.com just told me this feature is currently a prototype and you can add it using this link: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=113716318847

No comments: